Dr. Dickens’ social psychology research lab at Spelman College is looking to hire an undergraduate research assistant to help with research focused on the experiences of Black women in STEM education.
During a 6-week summer program (June 7th – July 16th, 2021), students will have the opportunity for one-on-one mentorship and research experience with a faculty member. This opportunity will be virtual but working full time for the full 6-week commitment is required for the program. A stipend will be provided.
Responsibilities of the research assistant include:
- Recruiting study participants
- Data collection and analyses
- Attend weekly lab meetings
It is preferred that interested students have the following qualifications:
- Strong academic performance in psychology with a GPA requirement of 3.25 (overall and major)
- Dependability and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Rising juniors and seniors preferred
Selection into the program is rolling and will last until March 19th, 2021.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the online application using this link and email your curriculum vitae/resume, and your most recent unofficial academic transcript to the lab director Dr. Danielle Dickens, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/RC-Psychology-8140491/about