Congratulations to the new members of Psi Chi!
On March 13th, 2018, the psychology department held their Psi Chi Induction Ceremony. Thirty-four students were inducted this semester into Psi Chi, the international honor society for psychology and one of the largest honor societies in the United States.
Following lunch, Dr. Findley-Van Nostrand began the ceremony by making the opening remarks. Students were then given their certificates and the nominations for the new executive board for Psi Chi were held. Dr. Osterman ended the ceremony by leading the recognition of the outgoing and incoming executive boards.
Pictures of the new members of Psi Chi followed the conclusion of the ceremony, including:
Students who were not able to attend the ceremony but are new members of Psi Chi are as follows:
- Ciprianna O. Azar
- Alexander J. Glando
- Elizabeth Q. Helminski
- Jeanette L. Kurtic
- Logan E. Miner
- Hannah Pfeffer
- Jeanne M. Skulstad
- Natalie M. Slemp
- Allison L. Smith
- Thomas E. Thomas
- Kestrel Thorne-Kaunelis
- Caroline G. Wagoner
- Taylor C. Ward
- Griffith E. Wood
- Emily A. Wright
In order to be accepted to Psi Chi as an undergraduate student, one must:
- be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program or a program psychological in nature
- have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of full-time college coursework
- have completed at least 9 semester credit hours or equivalent of psychology courses
- have earned a cumulative GPA that is in the top 35% of their class (sophomore, junior, or senior) compared to their classmates across the entire university or the college that houses psychology (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale)3
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA average for psychology courses
Some of the benefits include:
- International recognition for academic excellence in psychology.
- Distinguished members can be found here, including Albert Bandura, B. F. Skinner, and Philip G. Zimbardo.
- Over $400,000 are available annually in awards and grants.
- Psi Chi’s Career Center
- Free access to three publications:
- Psi Chi Journal of Psychological Research
- Eye on Psi Chi
- Psi Chi Digest
For more information, follow this link to the official Psi Chi website.
Congratulations again to our new members of Psi Chi! They’ve worked hard and we look forward to seeing what they will do in the future.
Instagram & Twitter: #PsychRC @RC_Psychology
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/RC-Psychology-8140491/about