In the midst of winter as the cold seeps into our homes, we often tend to think of what we will be doing in the summer…
For students interested in summer research opportunities (including paid experiences), winter is also a good time to start thinking about applying to these opportunities, as many summer research opportunities have a deadline in January or February.
One notable exception to this is Roanoke College’s Summer Scholars program which has a deadline of March 15th.
Below are some of the opportunities available to students from every major, with the link to the full list of research opportunities here.
Examples from the Social Sciences and Humanities:
- Leadership Alliance Mellon Initiative (many humanities and social science majors)
- Interuniversity Consortium for Political and Social Research
- American Economics Association Summer Training Program
- American Political Science Association
- Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers
Examples from the Sciences:
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REUs) – Includes the Sciences, Public Health, Psychology, and Anthropology
- Pathways to Science
- Department of Homeland Security
- Commonwealth STEM Industry Internship Program
- Student Conservation Association
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Summer Internship Program
- AMGEN Scholars
Instagram & Twitter: #PsychRC @RC_Psychology
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/RC-Psychology-8140491/about