When you should study and helpful tips ?
- try to study at least a week before your exam
- it is best to study each day for a shorter amount of time than to cram the night before
- if your professor has not posted a study guide: begin reviewing your notes and old quizzes
- study smarter not harder.. set an alarm for how long you are going to study and do not check your phone during that time (put on airplane mode)
- study with someone in your class
- truly test yourself- ask yourself questions and answer them without notes in front of you
- writing out notes seems to be more effective in remembering information than typing
- Your professor – they want you to succeed! do not be afraid to ask a question
- your classmates
- the writing center and subject tutoring https://libguides.roanoke.edu/writingcenter and https://libguides.roanoke.edu/subject_tutoring
Take Care of Yourself
- make sure to get enough sleep (ideally 8 hours)
- eat a good meal before an exam
- exercise can help reduce stress and is a good study break
- keep your room and desk clean and tidy , there is the saying “Cluttered desk means cluttered mind” for a reason
- and remember these tests do not define you!
- Study hard and then relax on winter break 🙂
Good Luck !